APCO(The Andhra Pradesh State Handloom Weavers Cooperative Society Ltd) brings you a grey colour, light weight uppada cotton saree. The famous art of weaving Uppada sarees is known to have originated in the small village of Uppada, in the East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh. The Uppada weavers use hand weaving techniques to create light weight sarees filled with exquisite designs. Depending on the intricacy of design and motif, a weaver takes 10 days to almost a year to weave a Uppada/jamdani saree.
APCO is a government organisation and is the apex handloom society for Andhra Pradesh. We procure genuine Handloom Products directly from Handloom weavers to uplift the handloom industry. Our USP is that we deliver what we promise. Our products are audited by a third party, which further reinforces their authenticity. APCO products are labelled with Handloom Mark which authenticates that the products were prepared on a handloom.
UPPADA – APCO Traditional Sarees are brought to you by the local handloom weavers of Uppada who weave these exquisite collections of Uppada with the latest designs.
• WEAVE STYLE: The Jamdani weave technique used to create Uppada sarees uses finely woven cotton to create the wonderfully classic and regal look.
• HANDLOOM AUTHENTICATED – APCO offers authentic Handlooms from the far corners of Andhra Pradesh. All our products are handmade by the traditional weaving families of the state. These products showcase the ‘Handloom mark’ introduced by The Ministry of Textile, Government of India that legitimises the authenticity of the handlooms.
• COTTON SAREE – These cotton sarees are woven with the best cotton yarns found in the country which makes them feel very comfortable and elegant
• PERFECT FOR SOCIAL GATHERINGS AND FORMAL EVENTS – These handloom sarees can be worn for any social gathering or formal events. An impeccable gift option, these Handloom sarees can be gifted to your loved ones for any festive occasion like Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversaries, Diwali, Christmas etc.
• APCO (The Andhra Pradesh State Handloom Weavers Cooperative Society Ltd) is a cooperative of traditional handloom weavers of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Under the control of Department of Handlooms and Textiles of Government of Andhra Pradesh, APCO sources fine sarees from the handloom weavers of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.