APCO (The Andhra Pradesh State Handloom Weavers Cooperative Society Ltd) brings you a green fancy Venkatagiri saree with zari and thread butta. Handwoven using the Jamdani weave technique, the simple gold zari motifs create a wonderfully classic and regal look, making it the perfect choice to wear for a function. The traditional Venkatagiri Sarees made by the handloom weavers of Andhra Pradesh originate from the historically well-known artisan cluster of Venkatagiri in Nellore and these striking sarees date back to the 1700s. A preferred choice of the royals of Nellore, these sarees with their unique zari are one of the softest and most durable sarees of South India.
APCO is a government organisation and is the apex handloom society for Andhra Pradesh. The APCO enterprise provides assistance to the handloom weavers of the state – a vital cottage industry that has deep-rooted cultural heritage. The organisation aims to provide a level playing field to the weavers and enables them to become empowered and self-sufficient.
All products are authenticated by a third party, and in addition, they are labelled with the ‘Handloom Mark’ that further establishes their authenticity.
• TRADITIONAL VENKATAGIRI – APCO Traditional Venkatagiri Sarees are brought to you by the local handloom weavers of Venkatagiri who weave these exquisite collections of Venkatagiri sarees with the latest designs.
• WEAVE STYLE: The Jamdani weave technique used to create Venkatagiri sarees uses finely woven cotton to create the wonderfully classic and regal look. Through this technique, the soft fabric woven exhibits a simple gold zari and thread butta while the pallu displays colourful motifs worked in with the gold zari.
• HANDLOOM AUTHENTICATED – APCO offers authentic Handlooms from the far corners of Andhra Pradesh. All products are handmade by the traditional weaving families of the state. These products showcase the ‘Handloom mark’ introduced by The Ministry of Textile, Government of India and it legitimises the authenticity of the handlooms.
• PURE COTTON SAREE – The cotton Venkatagiri saree is made from fine cotton to provide you with the best and genuine fabric. Made with the best cotton available in the country, it portrays elegance and sophistication when draped.
• PERFECT FOR ANY FESTIVE OCCASION– These handloom sarees can be worn for any social gathering or formal events. An impeccable gift option, these Handloom sarees can be gifted to your loved ones for any festive occasion like Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversaries, Diwali, Christmas etc.
• APCO (The Andhra Pradesh State Handloom Weavers Cooperative Society Ltd) is a cooperative of traditional handloom weavers of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Under the control of Department of Handlooms and Textiles of Government of Andhra Pradesh, APCO sources fine sarees from the handloom weavers of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.